This qualification is aimed at individuals who are, or intend to be, food handlers working in catering. The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in catering role, or to support a role in the workplace.
The total qualification time for this qualification is 7 hours, all of which are recommended as guided learning hours.
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Keeping equipment and work areas safe and clean
- Pest control
- Safe waste disposal
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination
- Good stock rotation and temperature control
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control