This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a CCTV Operator in Public Space Surveillance. This qualification is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications and is supported by Skills for Security, the standards setting body for the security industry and the SIA, which regulates the private security industry.
To complete this qualification learners are expected to undertake 32-hours of learning. The SIA stipulates a minimum of 23 contact hours (3-days) if flexible distance learning is undertaken.
The qualification covers the following:
- The key purposes of the private security industry
- The differences between civil and criminal Law
- The roles and responsibilities of each member of the CCTV team
- The importance of accurate record-keeping
- Equipment fault reporting procedures
- Actions to take if a suspicious object is found in the CCTV control room